101 Ways to Use the
Everyday Oils Kit
The Everyday Oils Kitcontains nine bottles of therapeutic grade essential oils from Young Living. If you were to purchase this collection of oils individually it would cost over $350.00. However, because the bottles in the kit are smaller than the ones sold individually, the Everyday Oils Kit gives you access to all these remarkable "perfect solutions" at half the price -- $151.82 ($115.00 Whsl.), plus tax and shipping - and access to many health and life-enhancing experiences that you'll find nowhere else.
Here's a list of the oils in the kit and a few possible ways you might decide to use them:
LAVENDER - (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. It has been prized historically for the skin, but is also famous for its relaxing and mood elevating effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing -- physically and emotionally. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms in the U.S. and France.
1. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow, or just put a few drops directly onto your pillow or the back of your neck to relax into sleep
2. Mix a few drops of Lavender oil with a pure vegetable oil for a calming massage for your whole body.
3. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
4. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding and help heal the wound, or on a burn to help heal it quickly and reduce scarring.
5. Rub 2 - 4 drops of Lavender oil around your armpit area to act as a deodorant.
6. Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
7. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
8. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer, which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
9. Diffuse Lavender oil to relieve stress, lift your spirits, or relieve feelings of sadness.
10. Massage a few drops of Lavender oil with a few drops of massage oil onto sore muscles for relief.
LEMON - (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. Most people, and especially children, react with delight to the citrus fragrance. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
11. Use a few drops of Lemon oil directly on sore muscles to help them relax.
12. Use a few drops of Lemon oil to disinfect and shine chrome on fixtures and appliances in your kitchen or bathroom.
13. Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon from jars, glass, plastic containers, counter tops, etc.
14. Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavour to baked goods such as cookies and cakes.
15. Make refreshing lemon water to accompany your meals by adding a drop or two of lemon oil to a pitcher of cold water (or make it into lemonade, with sweetener).
16. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings for relief.
17. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water in a spray bottle, and spray as an antiseptic cleaner on counter tops, appliances, utensils, toys, etc.
18. Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and 3 drops of Lemon oil to disinfect and kill germs.
19. Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle for added cleaning and sparkle.
20. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
21. Add a drop of lemon oil to gift packages to send a cheery message.
22. Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to help clear athlete's foot.
23. Diffuse lemon oil in the air at home, office, or schoolroom for an uplifting, energizing feeling.
PEPPERMINT - (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint's effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint's ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermint's ability to directly affect the brain's satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals. Peppermint is grown and distilled at the Young Living Farms.
24. Put a drop of Peppermint on your tongue and/or one under your nose to increase alertness and concentration-very helpful if you're starting to feel tired when driving!
25. Rub 4-6 drops over your stomach and around your navel to relieve indigestion.
26. Add a drop of Peppermint oil to water or herbal tea to relieve heartburn or nausea.
27. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on an area of joint or muscle injury to reduce inflammation (around, but not directly on, an open wound).
28. Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of your feet to reduce fever.
29. Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
30. Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
31. To relieve a headache rub a drop of Peppermint oil on your temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and/or on the back of your neck.
32. Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy; then inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
33. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on your tongue, or put a drop in your palm or on a tissue and simply inhale the aroma to relieve congestion from a cold or sinus problem.
34. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavouring and a preservative.
35. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, smear a few drops of Peppermint oil along their path or point of entry to deter them.
36. To kill aphids add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
37. Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
38. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
39. Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
FRANKINCENSE - is said to have been traded in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula for over 5,000 years and has been used in Asian traditional medicine for arthritis, digestion, and as an insect repellent as well as for religious rites and spiritual purposes. A Wikipedia.com search on Frankincense reveals that contemporary scientists are discovering positive effects of frankincense essential oil in mice and 'in vitro' on such diverse conditions as arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, depression and anxiety, and cancer cell viability.
40. Diffuse in your environment for an uplifting, spiritual feeling.
41. At first sign of a cold or flu, rub a few drops on the soles of your feet, and repeat 3 or more times a day to support your immune system.
42. Help improve focus and memory by rubbing one or two drops of Frankincense oil behind your ears.
43. Put a drop or two of Frankincense oil on Christmas cards or in gift packages.
44. Before meditation, put a drop or two of Frankincense oil on the soles of your feet or the back of your neck.
45. Use one or two drops of Frankincense oil with Lavender oil on skin tags or growths.
46. For female health, mix 2-3 drops of Frankincense oil in carrier oil and rub gently around adrenal glands, breasts, and ovaries.
47. Drop on to minor cuts, scrapes, and bruises to reduce redness and discomfort.
48. Inhale or diffuse to deepen breathing and induce calmness.
49. Put a drop behind your ears or across your forehead to enhance concentration while working.
ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS
THIEVES - This blend was created based on research about four thieves who, during the 15th-century plague, used cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics to protect themselves while robbing plague victims. Thieves blend is a proprietary combination of pure essential oils tested at Weber State University, Ogden, Utah, and found to have a 99.96 percent effective rate against airborne bacteria. Thieves blend contains the essential oils of clove (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon (Citrus limon), cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis). Because it's "spicy" and can feel somewhat "hot" on sensitive skin, don't put Thieves on skin that is thin, damaged or irritated. It typically works really well on the soles of the feet but also, perhaps surprisingly, in the mouth.
50. At first sign of a cold or flu, rub 3-4 drops of Thieves blend on the soles of your feet several times a day.
51. Add 2-3 drops of Thieves blend to 2-4 oz. of water and gargle for a few minutes to help fight a sore throat, or
52. Put a drop of Thieves blend on your thumb and rub it quickly over the back of your throat to kill microbes and relieve the burning sensation of a throat infection.
53. Add ten drops of Thieves blend to about 8 oz of water and use to spray wherever there is mold.
54. Diffuse Thieves blend at night for 15 minutes or so in your bedroom before going to sleep whenever you are sick.
55. Put a drop of Thieves blend in warm water and swish around your mouth for a powerful, refreshing mouthwash.
56. Put a drop of Thieves blend on your toothbrush (even right on top of your toothpaste) and use it to add powerful anti-microbial power to your daily dental hygiene routine.
57. Spray water with a few drops of Thieves blend to your lunch box/bag or garbage container to fight bacteria and odours.
58. At first sign of a gum infection put a drop of Thieves on your fingertip and rub it right on your gum at the site of the infection. You can do this several times a day.
59. Put a few drops of Thieves into a spray bottle and use it to disinfect counter tops and bathroom fixtures.
VALOR - A blend of spruce (Picea mariana), rosewood (Aniba roaseodora), blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum), and frankincense (Boswellia carteri) in a base of almond oil, Valor blend is an empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body to increase feelings of strength, courage, and self-esteem. It has also been found to balance the nervous system and align energies in the body.
60. For whole body relaxation, put 4-5 drops of Valor on the sole of each foot and lie down for a few minutes to feel the effects most acutely.
61. Gently rub 2-3 drops of Valor at the base of your neck and base of spine for an achy back.
62. Use 2-3 drops of Valor on your shoulders or "wherever it hurts" for muscle tension.
63. For performance or test anxiety, rub 4-5 drops of Valor on the back of your neck and breathe the aroma.
64. For relieving symptoms of traumatic memories, rub 4-5 drops of Valor on the sole of each foot and/or on the back of your neck.
65. For centering, put a drop of Valor in the palm of your hand and cup your hands over your nose to breathe in the aroma
66. For any disturbance to your nervous system, apply and breathe the aroma of Valor.
67. Keep a bottle of Valor next to your bed to apply just before going to sleep.
68. For stress or when feeling overwhelmed, put Valor on the back of your neck, or your shoulders, or just breathe the aroma.
PANAWAY - A blend of wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), which has an active constituent similar to cortisone; clove (Syzygium aromaticum), which contains eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; peppermint (Mentha piperita), which is calming for nerves; and helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), which is soothing for localized discomfort.
69. Apply PanAway directly on an injured joint to reduce inflammation.
70. Apply PanAway on sore muscles after exercising.
71. Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead or back of the neck to relieve a headache.
72. Mix PanAway oil with a vegetable oil or massage oil and massage on location to relieve growing pains.
73. Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway on arthritic hands to lessen burning sensations and/or tightness.
74. Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway at the base of the spine to relieve achiness.
75. For arthritic pets, massage PanAway diluted with V-6 Vegetable on location.
76. Rub a few drops of PanAway on a "tennis elbow" to relieve discomfort.
77. Mix a few drops of PanAway with vegetable oil and apply to a black and blue mark.
78. Mix a drop or two of PanAway with vegetable oil and massage on joints that are used repetitively.
79. Mix a drop or two of PanAway with V6 or vegetable oil and apply to a Baker's cyst.
80. Apply a few drops of PanAway to a blood blister.
PEACE & CALMING - A gentle, fragrant blend of tangerine (Citrus nobilis), orange (Citrus sinensis), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), patchouly (Pogostemon cablin) and blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) specially designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits. Children love Peace & Calming, and will often relax very quickly when it's in the air or applied to their feet.
81. Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of your feet, on your shoulders, over your heart, and/or over your abdomen before bedtime to relax into sleep.
82. Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive children.
83. Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
84. Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a relaxing bath.
85. To help stop nocturnal teeth grinding, diffuse Peace & Calming oil while sleeping.
86. Put a few drops of Peace & Calming on the pillow of anyone who snores.
87. Put a few drops of Peace & Calming oil in the sleeping area of pets who may be agitated.
88. Put a few drops of Peace & Calming on your hands or on the pages of a story book while reading to children who need to go to sleep.
89. Before a performance, put a few drops of Peace & Calming behind your ears or on the back of your neck.
90. If you ever feel anxious, put a drop of Peace & Calming in the palm of your hand, rub gently over your heart and breathe in the aroma.
PURIFICATION - An antiseptic blend of citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and myrtle (Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odours.
91. Diffuse Purification oil to neutralize odours in the kitchen, bathroom, or workshop.
92. Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, hotel room or other enclosed area to kill mold and freshen the air.
93. Put a few drops of Purification oil in house paint to reduce the paint smell.
94. Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop the itching.
95. Rub a drop of Purification oil on your neck over the area of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
96. Spray several drops of Purification mixed with water on your skin to repel insects.
97. Mix a drop of Purification with ½ a teaspoon of vegetable oil, put a little on your thumb, and smear gently just inside the ear of your pet cat or dog to eliminate ear mites.
98. Use a few drops of Purification on your pet's bedding to repel fleas.
99. Mix a little purification in an atomizer and spray lightly on airplane seats backs when you travel.
100. Sprinkle purification on your pillow linens when staying in hotels.
101. Spray purification in your kitchen trash can to keep it smelling fresh.
Hope you will enjoy the Everyday Oils Kit
from Young Living!
Disclaimer: The information in this guide is intended for educational purposes only. The statements about the Everyday Oils have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a competent healer or physician. THE RECOMMENDATIONS ABOVE APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.